Freedom to Learn: Dr. Peter Gray's blog
Peter Gray is a professor in psychology, renowned child development expert, self-directed learning advocate, and the father of an SVS alum and staff member, Scott Gray.
- Children Educate Themselves: Lessons from Sudbury Valley
- The Value of Play
- Minimally Invasive Education: Lessons from India
- The Cognitive Benefits of Video Games
- Children Teach Themselves to Read
Sudbury Valley Online Library
Videos, articles, and email discussions by founders, staff, students about the school experience and philosophy.
- Violent video games: Media and trust at a Sudbury school
- Student stories from "Kingdom of Childhood"
- Persistence at Sudbury Valley
- What happens to Sudbury graduates "in the real world?"
This must-read by the Alliance for Self-Directed Education reads like a blueprint for our school.
by Jerry Mintz of AERO–The Alternative Education Resource Organization on cues from your child’s behavior and emotions that indicate a bad fit with the school environment.
Well-built and researched study of history of compulsory education, and a persuasive call to arms for a self-directed education revolution. Formative in Pathfinder School founders' thinking.
Free at Last by Daniel Greenberg
Overview of Sudbury Valley school by founder and former physics teacher. Provides slice-of-life as well as applied philosophy and history of school.
Legacy of Trust by Greenberg and Sadofsky
Comprehensive study with in-depth interviews of the first generations of Sudbury Valley alumni.
Library banner image By Diliff - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0